Footprint represents many internationally renowned publishers who specifically produce titles for the academic text book market, as well as having many titles that have been adopted widely as text books despite being of a more specialist nature. Our text book team is available to suggest appropriate text titles for academic courses and provide you with inspection copies of these titles for consideration on their suitability. Please click here to contact our text team with your request.
Inspection copies of our textbooks are often available to university lecturers and other educators who are considering prescribing the specified book for a course adoption.
Requests for Inspection copies are not automatically approved and may need to be authorised by the Sales Manager.
To request an inspection copy, simply search for the book using our search functions (back on the home page). If an inspection copy of that title is available, you will be able to click on the ‘Order Inspection Copy’ button, and complete your details.
Should you request an inspection copy from Footprint Books, the following terms and conditions apply:-
- The inspection copy can only be sent to the address of the institution where the course is taught.
- An Inspection Feedback Form will be supplied with each inspection copy. It is part of our terms that in return for Footprint Books supplying these inspection copies, that you will complete and return the form within 60 days to tell us your opinion of the book. Failure to supply this information will prevent us from supplying further inspection copies.
- Footprint Books should be notified if you have chosen to adopt the book, as well as informing your campus bookseller.
- You may keep an inspection copy with our compliments if you complete and return the Inspection Feedback Form. If you do not wish to complete the Inspection Feedback Form then you should return the book to us in mint condition or inform us if you wish to purchase the title and provide us with your payment details.
- Some books are not available for inspection, only those selected by Footprint Books with potential for Higher Education level study and which have course potential will be offered for inspection.
- Lecturers may have up to three books on inspection at any one time.
- Footprint Books reserves the right to withdraw or restrict this service at any time.
- Books will only be sent to course leaders with class groups of 10 students or more.
- Where applicable, we will supply titles in the paperback edition, however we reserve the right to supply inspection copies in electronic format when available at Footprint’s discretion.