Media, Culture and Society: An Introduction 2edby Paul Hodkinson Sage Publications Ltd
- Pub Date:
- Pb+ 344 pages
- AU$69.00 NZ$73.04
Other Available Formats:
- A new chapter on advertising and sponsorship.
- Extensive revision and updating throughout all chapters.
- New material on technologies, censorship, online news, fan cultures and representations of poverty.
- Greater emphasis on and examples of digital, interactive and mobile media throughout.
- Fully reworked chapter on media, community and difference.
- Up-to-date examples covering everything from social media, contemporary advertising, news events and mobile technologies, to representations of class, ethnicity and gender.
ELEMENTS OF MEDIA
MEDIA, POWER AND CONTROL
Media as Manipulation
Construction of News
Public Service or Personal Entertainment
Advertising and Sponsorship
Decline of the National Public: Commercialisation, Fragmentation, Globalisation
MEDIA, IDENTITY AND CULTURE
Identity and Difference in Media Cultures
Media, Ethnicity and Diaspora
Media, Gender and Sexuality
Fans, Communities and Subcultures
Saturation, Fluidity and Loss of Meaning