Mastering the Supply Chain: Principles, Practice and Real-Life Applicationsby Ed Weenk Kogan Page
- Pub Date:
- Pbk 296 pages
- AU$92.00 NZ$94.78
Product Status: Out of stock. Not available to order.
Mastering the Supply Chain is an introduction to supply chain management. The book integrates theory with practice and aims to create a cross-functional mindset in students and practitioners. It provides a wide overview of relevant supply chain concepts and sets out the challenges that need to be overcome in order to find practical ways of implementing these in a real company situation. Readers are continuously asked to actively reflect on the choices they make, thus experiencing first-hand the many challenges that good and effective supply chain management presents.
Mastering the Supply Chain presents a different way of learning that puts students and practitioners at the heart of a life-like situation, so that they experience the impact of every decision they make, not just in their own 'silo' but across the business. In this way, they will learn that many supply chain concepts are relatively simple to understand, but not so easy to apply in reality. It is a key text for students on supply chain management BScs and MScs as well as background reading for students using the The Fresh Connection Business Simulation game.
- Chapter - 00: Preface
- Chapter - 01: Supply Chain: general introduction
- Chapter - 02: Introduction to the business dimension of supply chain management
- Chapter - 03: Introduction to the technical dimension of supply chain management
- Chapter - 04: Introduction to the leadership dimension of supply chain management
- Chapter - 05: Scenarios in a fresh food company
- Chapter - 06: Mastering the business dimension of supply chain
- Chapter - 07: Mastering the technical dimension of supply chain
- Chapter - 08: Mastering the leadership dimension of supply chain
- Chapter - 09: Supply chain in a VUCA world
- Chapter - 10: Imagining business challenges for the supply chain
- Chapter - 11: Imagining technical challenges for the supply chain
- Chapter - 12: Imagining leadership challenges for the supply chain
- Chapter - 13: Epilogue
- Chapter - 14: References
A freelance trainer and consultant, Ed Weenk is also a senior lecturer in Supply Chain at Maastricht School of Management, EADA Business School in Barcelona and the Antwerp Management School.