Beginning Postmodernism 2edby Tim Woods Manchester University Press
- Pub Date:
- Pbk 352 pages
- AU$39.99 NZ$41.73
It has been updated, amended and enlarged, covering the decade since the publication of the first edition. With its emphasis firmly on 'post modernism in practice', the book contains questions designed to help readers understand and reflect upon a variety of positions within the following areas of contemporary culture: philosophy and cultural theory; architecture and concepts of space; visual art, sculpture and material culture; popular culture and music; film, video and television; and the social sciences.
2. Postmodernism: Philosophy and Cultural Theory
3. Postmodernism and the Literary Arts
4. Postmodern Architecture and Concepts of Space
5. Postmodernism in Visual Art, Sculpture and the Design Arts
6. Postmodernism, Popular Culture and Music
7. Postmodernism, Film, Video and Television Culture
8. Postmodernism and the Social Sciences
9. Conclusion: Whither Postmodernism?
10. Select bibliography