How to Manage Projects: Essential Project Management Skills to Deliver On-time, On-budget Resultsby Paul J Fielding Kogan Page
- Pub Date:
- Pbk 256 pages
- AU$27.99 NZ$30.43
Product Status: Out of stock. Not available to order.
Are you overwhelmed by project management jargon? Interested in developing a project management career, but bewildered by the plethora of costly courses and qualifications? Then this is the book for you. How to Manage Projects explains the fundamentals of this essential skill in a clear, practical and accessible way, making it the perfect introduction to managing better projects in your current role, or even that first step to developing a professional career as a project manager.
Brand new for 2019, the latest addition to Kogan Page's bestselling Creating Success series features practical exercises, useful templates, and top tips, and takes you through successfully and confidently managing a project from conception to completion. Essential reading for anyone who wants to manage their own projects well without all the unnecessary jargon, How to Manage Projects makes this vital skill easily accessible with one handy, easy-to-use book.
The Creating Success series of books...
Unlock vital skills, power up your performance and get ahead with the bestselling Creating Success series. Written by experts for new and aspiring managers and leaders, this million-selling collection of accessible and empowering guides will get you up to speed in no time. Packed with clever thinking, smart advice and the kind of winning techniques that really get results, you'll make fast progress, quickly reach your goals and create lasting success in your career.
- Chapter - 00: Introduction;
- Chapter - 01: The Accidental Project Manager - What is this Going to Take?;
- Chapter - 02: Where Does a Project Manager Fit in the Organization?;
- Chapter - 03: Governance, Stakeholders, and Customers;
- Chapter - 04: Project Scope - Defining It, Managing It, Changing It, and Avoiding Creep;
- Chapter - 05: The Project Quality Plan;
- Chapter - 06: What Type of Project is this?;
- Chapter - 07: Project Staffing;
- Chapter - 08: Planning the Project - Schedule and Time Management;
- Chapter - 09: Design and Configuration Management;
- Chapter - 10: Cost Estimating and Cost Management;
- Chapter - 11: The Supply Chain - Managing Procurement, Vendors, and Resources;
- Chapter - 12: Project Execution - Tracking, Updating, Reporting, and Acceptance;
- Chapter - 13: Epilogue - Data Gathered and Lessons Learnt
Paul J Fielding (Ph.D.) is a business consultant specializing in developing project management systems, business operations, and quality systems for his clients. He has received international awards and recognition (including the Deming Award), and has worked across many industries, technologies, and cultures, from large institutions to startups and nonprofits. He has developed a worldwide reputation for developing quality project management systems, international business operations, creating game-changing process innovations, and quality improvement processes. He currently offices out of Portland, ME; Dallas, TX; and NYC.