Make Your Brain Work: How to Maximize Your Efficiency, Productivity and Effectiveness 2edby Amy Brann Kogan Page
- Pub Date:
- Pbk 312 pages
- AU$39.99 NZ$41.73
Product Status: In Stock Now
Other Available Formats:
Do you know how your brain functions? Do you sometimes feel like you're fighting your own brain and habits in order to be productive at work? What if there was a way to work with your brain to become more efficient, effective and productive... and transform the way you operate? Make Your Brain Work is here to help. Author Amy Brann is fascinated by the application of brain science to business, and you don't have to be an expert to understand - she explains the principles and latest insights in practical and easy-to-understand language, enabling you to understand the way you work, and form the helpful habits that will revolutionize your output.
With clear, in-context examples; hands-on tips; and focused case studies on how companies are doing things well and the pitfalls to avoid, this entertaining book will help you reduce the stress and overwhelm of poor time management, and help get you to that next professional level. Including brand-new content on developing resilience and creativity, and managing your work-life balance, now it's even easier to Make Your Brain Work!
- Chapter - 00: Introduction;
- Section - ONE: You;
- Chapter - 01: Can a marshmallow predict your success?;
- Chapter - 02: Is your hippopotamus under attack?;
- Chapter - 03: Learning how to influence what feels out of your control;
- Chapter - 04: The challenge of being everything to everyone;
- Chapter - 05: Is a busy brain a clever brain?;
- Chapter - 06: Getting results easily and with less effort;
- Section - TWO: Your colleagues and clients;
- Chapter - 07: Working and living in balance;
- Chapter - 08: Upgrading your life one step at a time;
- Chapter - 09: The minefield of motivating people;
- Chapter - 10: Resilience;
- Chapter - 11: Creativity;
- Chapter - 12: Appearing competent to others;
- Section - THREE: Your company;
- Chapter - 13: Leading with your brain switched on;
- Chapter - 14: Work life balance;
- Chapter - 15: Managing people, managing brains
"Make Your Brain Work brings neuroscience to life. Explaining how common challenges can be overcome through understanding what is really going on in your brain and the minds of others enables readers to make small changes that can ultimately make life more enjoyable. Easy to read and thoroughly beneficial to implement."
Through her UK business Synaptic Potential, Amy Brann works with companies around the world to help them better understand their teams, clients and organizations as a whole. She spent years as a lead coach in Europe and is the author of Make Your Brain Work, also published by Kogan Page.